Tax Documents for Investors

As an investor, it's important to understand what tax documents you may be eligible to receive and when you can expect to receive them. At the beginning of each calendar year, we provide certain tax documents to our investors, including the 1099-B, 1099-Div, and 1099-Misc. These documents are typically sent out no later than January 31st.

You may be eligible to receive these tax documents if you meet one or both of the following requirements in the previous calendar year:

  • Made more than $10 in dividends for any one property
  • Sold shares
  • Form 1099-B is a tax form used to report the sale or exchange of securities like stocks, bonds, and mutual funds. You may receive a Form 1099-B if you bought or sold any securities during the year.
  • Form 1099-DIV is a tax form used to report income received from dividends and other distributions on investments, such as stocks, mutual funds, and certain types of retirement accounts. You may receive a Form 1099-DIV if you received more than $10 in dividends or other distributions during the year.
  • It's important to note that each investor's tax situation is unique, so it's a good idea to consult with a tax advisor for personalized advice. They can help you understand your tax obligations and ensure that you are in compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.